Will, our Student Intern, tells us more about the University’s student support teams and how to get your hands on one of our new umbrellas …
No matter how long you have lived in Cardiff, it is easy to see that it rains quite frequently! I am one of many students who have experienced walking to and from University getting absolutely drenched. During my first few months of University I decided that enough was enough and I had to invest in a decent waterproof coat and pair of boots. Other students decide to bring their cars to University, which is incredibly handy when the weather makes a turn for the worse.
The weather can easily influence our mood and a miserable rainy day or week can bring us down. Cardiff University Student Support is here to provide help and assistance to students, whatever their worry and regardless of the weather! We encourage students to access the support available to you throughout your University life and would like to ensure that all students know about and make use of our services when they need them. Please help us spread the word at Cardiff University and take part in our umbrella initiative.
Win yourself an umbrella …
We are running a competition for Cardiff University students to win one of our Cardiff University Student Support umbrellas – to help fight against the often relentless welsh weather and make your travels across campus a lot easier.
Using the share buttons on this blog (see below and home page) please share via facebook and/or Twitter and tag in studentlifecu
We have 35 umbrellas to give away, so plenty up for grabs!
This initiative is for Cardiff University students only. We’ll select students at random and notify the lucky winners via social media and their University email address.
Your Student Life Supported
Here are some of the ways our teams can help you:
- Advice & Money Practical Advice for Student Life, Specialist Funding Advice, Money Skills and Emergency Funds, Guidance on Academic Issues and Bursaries & Scholarships
- Careers & Employability Advice, Guidance & Information, Work Experience, Academic & Employability Skills, Student & Graduate Recruitment and Enterprise & Business Start-Up
- Counselling, Health & Wellbeing Promoting good Health and Wellbeing, Face-to-face and Online Appointments, Drop-in Service, Workshops and Self-help Resources
- Disability & Dyslexia Advice, Guidance & Information, Learning Support, Funding Information, Accessibility & Adjustments and Assessments of Needs
- International Student Support Guidance and information, Immigrations Advice, Support with Tier 4 Visa Applications, Appointments and Drop-ins.
These services & support are available at various locations for your convenience:
- Student Support Centre at 50 Park Place, Student High Street, Cathays Park
- Student Support Centre at Cardigan House, Heath Park
- Advice & Money and Careers & Employability also have a dedicated office in Cardiff Business School
- International Student Support at The Students’ Union
Drop-in and see us soon, we are open weekdays all year round (closure days are noted on the intranet, facebook and twitter).
Best of luck
Will, Student Intern, Student Support & Wellbeing
Your Student Life, Supported.
The Student Support Centre has a range of services dedicated to helping students make the most of their time at University, including: Advice & Money, Careers & Employability, Counselling, Health & Wellbeing, Disability & Dyslexia and International Student Support.The Student Support Centres are located at 50 Park Place, Cathays Campus and Cardigan House, Heath Park Campus.
For further details of services, events, opening times and more find us on the University Intranet.