Before you graduate, Careers Advice, More, Preparing for your future, Recruiters, What's On, Work Experience

STEM Careers Fair: Why should you consider a career at Barclays Partner Finance

Formerly Cardiff University graduate, Sami Souabni tells us about settling in at Barclays Partner Finance and why it’s such a great place to launch your career…

In 2017, I decided to join Barclays Partner Finance, based on the outskirts of Cardiff. Joining in May, my introduction to BPF was particularly warm: great weather, a lunch with new colleagues and a good amount of IT-related humour all helped me quickly feel at ease.

Once I had got my bearings, I was invited to get involved in attending various conferences, with great social and professional networking opportunities with senior staff both within BPF and the wider Barclays business. Novel Agile ways of working provide multiple opportunities to develop and grow across several disciplines.

My friendly, helpful and experienced colleagues, the opportunity to help the community through volunteering and the many software product development projects are some of the elements that really make every day different, interesting and sociable. Furthermore, there is a great importance placed on striking the right balance of work and personal life, with flexibility around working hours, helping avoid any possibility of burnout or stress.

In software engineering, I find there are times where I really need some quiet for challenging work, where I prefer to work from home. This is accommodated for and easy to arrange although I do prefer to be in the office to take advantage of the many social networking opportunities.  I’m thoroughly enjoying being part of the Barclays team!

Want to find out more? 

You can meet Barclays Partner Finance at the STEM Careers Fair on Tuesday 13th February from 10:00 – 14:30 in the ENGIN Forum, School of Engineering. This event, organised by Careers & Employability is designed to help you to meet employers and find out about the range of STEM jobs, summer placements, internships, and postgraduate study and time-out opportunities available to you after graduation.

The Spring STEM Fair is aimed at Engineering (ACE, EEE, MMM), Computer Science, Physics and Astrology and Mathematics students.

Click *going* on our Facebook event to receive all the latest news, updates and for a full list of the exhibitors attending!

Your feedback and help please

Have you found this blog post useful?  Please help us by commenting in the comments bar below, and  if there is anything further you’d like to know ask your questions there too.

We’d also be grateful if you can share this information by retweeting or sharing with your fellow students who may find this useful – you can do this by using the share buttons or via Twitter and Facebook.

Best wishes,

Sami, Cardiff University graduate and DevOps Practitioner at Barclays Partner Finance

The Student Support Centre has a range of services dedicated to helping students make the most of their time at University, including: Advice and MoneyCareers and EmployabilityCounselling, Health and Wellbeing, Disability and Dyslexia and International Student Support. The Student Support Centres are located at 50 Park Place, Cathays Campus and Cardigan House, Heath Park Campus.

For further details of services, events, opening times and more find us on the University Intranet.