Here’s the latest updates from our teams – what they’d like you to be aware of and get involved in …
Whatever it is, if you need support come and see us! We work with hundreds of students weekly, so please drop in and see us.
Advice & Money Team
- Staff will be available to help students throughout the summer E.g. “If you have questions following exam results about your options or financial implications.” so call in for an appointment.
- If you are having financial difficulties and unable to work coming up to and during exams, or have last-minute unexpected extra costs or can’t afford graduation, please remember the Financial Contingency Fund may be able to help you. Call in to the Student Support Centre, 50 Park Place or download an application form. Remember final year students must apply before the end of their course, Friday June 12th.
- The Financial Contingency Summer Fund is available to help continuing students who find themselves in financial difficulty and unable to work, or have to live independently, over the summer vacation.
Careers & Employability Team
Join Careers staff for advice and information on all your career planning and preparations, log into Your Careers Account to book for these events:
- Application Forms, June 2nd, 10:10, SS&W Training Room 50 Park Place
- CVs, June 2nd, 12:10, SS&W Training Room 50 Park Place
- What Can I Do With a Degree in Humanities? 02-Jun-2015 14:10, SS&W Training Room 50 Park Place
- Take My Junk, 03-Jun-2015 10:00, Students’ Union – Y Plas
- International Students: Global Job Search, 03-Jun-2015 14:10, Tower Building – Lecture Theatre 3
- CVs, 04-Jun-2015 10:10, SS&W Training Room 50 Park Place
- Prepare to Meet Graduate Recruiters, June 4th, 14:10, SS&W Training Room 50 Park Place
- The Interview, June 5th, 12:15, SS&W Training Room 50 Park Place
- Application Forms, June 8th, 12:10, SS&W Training Room 50 Park Place
- CVs, June 10th, 12:10, SS&W Training Room 50 Park Place
Don’t miss Cardiff University Summer Careers Fair on Tuesday June 9th, 11:30am – 15.30pm, City Hall, with over 60 exhibitors as well as careers & employer talks;
- CV Review Drop-in, June 9th, 11:30, City Hall
- Graduate Opportunities in Wales, June 9th, 12:00, City Hall
- Working for Yourself: Self-employment or freelancing, June 9th, 12:30, City Hall
- International Students: Employment Regulations, June 9th, 13:00, City Hall
- From Graduate to EY Partner – A Journey to Leadership presentation, 09-Jun-2015 13:15, City Hall
- Careers at Amazon, June 9th, 14:00, City Hall
- Arts & Business Cymru – Creative Internships Programme Presentation, June 9th, 14:30, City Hall
The Work Experience Team have 3 great schemes for students and graduates, you can chat to them at the Summer Fair to find out more about 1. Insights scheme 2. Santander Internships 3. EXPLORE Internships.
The Cardiff Award, Student Mentor and Enterprise Teams are looking forward to celebrating with students at their Awards Evening, June 9th.
Counselling, Health & Wellbeing Team
- The Wellbeing team are offering Extended Wellbeing Walk-In (Drop-In Service) hours the first week of June, in addition to their usual Walk-in times. The extended hours are Tuesday 2nd, Wednesday 3rd and Thursday 4th June from 2pm – 4pm. These are an extension to normal Walk-in times which: are 3pm – 3.45pm every day at Park Place and Wednesday mornings at 9.30am – 10.15am at Cardigan House, Heath. The Wednesday Drop-In at the Heath Park Campus will NOT be running on Wednesday 3rd June. Students attending HPC will be given a taxi down to PP for this week only.
Disability and Dyslexia Team
- For appointments with the Disability, Dyslexia and Mental Health Advisers email firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02920 874844.
International Student Support Team
- International student preparing to leave the UK after my studies are encouraged to follow the preparing to return home advice from UKCISA.
- For international students planning to work in the UK after my studies, to follow the advice from UKCISA on the next stage – working after your studies.
And finally …
Please take a look at our other blog posts for even more information and advice, including:
- Answers to the questions final year students are asking us
- Winning suppport for students
- Handy tips when applying for Graduate Schemes
- Tips for Moving Back Home for Summer
- How to create the perfect CV for you
Follow us on social media for daily updates on events and any other news and information we think will be of interest to you, follow us twitter: studentlifecu and cardiffcareers; like us on facebook: studentlifecu and cardiffunicareers
Marketing Manager, Student Support & Wellbeing Division
Your Student Life, Supported.
Advice & Money I Careers & Employability I Counseling, Health & Wellbeing I Disability & Dyslexia I International Student Support