Enterprise, Preparing for your future

Interview with an Entrepreneur: Löyn Toys

Recent Cardiff University graduate and entrepreneur, Veronika Lazarenko, shares how she brought her #ideastolife and started her own business…

16602023_172235796600624_6069118785930404724_o

“Löyn Toys” is a company which offers sensory toys and products for children and young people to enhance their sensory experience and to stimulate their senses. The products of the company help with sensory integration, development of the senses and sensory learning. The goal of the company is to help ‘small explorers’ to develop their senses and to encourage them to explore their individual environment by play and interaction with our products produced with natural materials. (We envision that our products will be particularly valuable to children living with conditions such as autism, where sensory toys have a proven beneficial therapeutic effect.)

What challenges have you faced and how did you overcome them?

As I am only at the beginning of my journey, I am experiencing challenges every day.  I am learning new things every minute, practicing all my skills and developing new knowledge and abilities. Each day I am juggling a lot of roles, I can be sale representative in the morning, marketing strategist by the lunch time and a photographer in the afternoon. I am learning accounting, editing in Photoshop and many other subjects that I never even knew I would use in my life. It is very interesting but sometimes daunting as I want sales to come fast but instead, I am working a lot and not receiving much yet.

However, I believe that patience and hard work should bring the positive outcome.

How did Enterprise and Start-Up help your business?

Cardiff Enterprise and Start-Up inspired me to start my own business. They helped me through my entire journey from the beginning and are supporting me now. As I am at the beginning of my journey, it’s very important for me to have support. Cardiff University provides me with such support. My mentor is always there for me if I am struggling with something or need some advice. It is very important to have someone whom you can call to or ask the suggestion. Moreover, Cardiff University organises start-up week, SPARK business competition and other events which allowed me to learn from others and practice my business pitch.

What advice do you have for students who want to start a business?

I think it is always important to try new things. If you do not try something, you will regret it afterwards. Whether the business will bring a lot of dividends or whether a person will understand that it is better to work for someone else, having a start-up definitely boosts personal development.

Running a start-up is a long journey, so either you will enjoy it or you will understand in what field you want to work.

What are your future goals?

My goal is to develop my brand, educate people, create awareness and explain the importance of sensory integration. My target is to take part in the Autism show next year.

No longer playing around with ideas… Löyn Toys is off the ground

You can find out more about Löyn Toys here.

Loyn toys logo

Inspired? Get involved with Cardiff University Enterprise and Start-up!

Do you have entrepreneurial inspirations and aspirations? Cardiff University Enterprise and Start-up could help you realise your full potential in business and entrepreneurship. It’s all about thinking creatively, spotting opportunities, making things happen and developing skills for life. It’s not just about business; it’s about helping you to make the most of yourself.

We run workshops, competitions and sessions to help you develop skills and knowledge. Find out about all our courses and sessions on the intranet, follow us on Facebook and Twitter, with #ideastolife, or email us at entreprise@cardiff.ac.uk.

Your feedback and help please

Have you found this blog post useful?  Please help us by commenting in the bar below, and note any questions there too.

To help us aid more of your fellow students please re-tweet or share this post by using the share buttons or via twitter and Facebook.

Best wishes,

Veronika Lazarenko, Cardiff University Graduate and Entrepreneur.

Veronika Lazarenko

The Student Support Centre has a range of services dedicated to helping students make the most of their time at University, including: Advice and MoneyCareers and EmployabilityCounselling, Health and WellbeingDisability and Dyslexia and International Student Support.

The Student Support Centres are located at 50 Park Place, Cathays Campus and Cardigan House, Heath Park Campus.

For further details of services, events, opening times and more find us on the University Intranet.