This week we are showcasing our Student Support Centres and the teams who work within them, to highlight the services and support available to students…
We understand that student life brings with it all sorts of new experiences and challenges for students. At Student Support we have a great range of services and support to help meet student needs, as detailed in this blog post and the related blogs and videos.
We provide confidential, impartial and practical support for students
The teams across Student Support and Wellbeing specialise in advising students on topics including:
- Student finances, money management and emergency funds
- Bursaries and scholarships
- Housing including dealing with Agents and housemates
- Academic issues including extenuating circumstances and withdrawing from uni
- Career advice and guidance
- Student and graduate job hunting and the recruitment process
- Work experience, internships and volunteering
- Developing your employability skills
- Enterprise and Business start up
- Maintaining good health and wellbeing
- Practical support and specialist services to help with personal issues
- Accessing peer to peer support from Student Wellbeing Champions and Mentors
- Academic study skills
- Support for disabled students, including those with specific learning difficulties and mental health conditions
- Student immigration advice
- Tier 4 Visas
This is not a definitive list, we offer much more, so please contact us to discuss your specific needs.
Drop-in at our Student Support Centres to access advice, guidance, information, support and specialist services
- Read our blog ‘Come in! Why students should visit 50 Park Place’ for an introduction to the teams and support available to you.
- Watch our video ‘How to find Student Support Centre at 50 Park Place’.
- Read our blog ‘What’s behind the door at 51a Park Place’ for an introduction to the teams and support available.
- Watch our video ‘How to find 51a Park Place’.
- Read our blog ‘Come in! Student Support at Cardigan House’ for an introduction to the teams and support available.
- Watch our video ‘How to find the Student Support Centre at Cardigan House’.
We are also online
If you can’t get to one of our locations, you can find further information and updates online:
The Student Intranet provides further details of all the Student Support teams, the services they provide and how you can access them including face to face, telephone, email and Skype.
Your feedback and help please
Have you found this blog post useful? Please help us by commenting in the bar below, and note any questions there too.
Student Support and Wellbeing Team
Your Student Life, Supported.
The Student Support Centre has a range of services dedicated to helping students make the most of their time at University, including: Advice and Money, Careers and Employability, Counselling, Health and Wellbeing, Disability and Dyslexia and International Student Support. The Student Support Centres are located at 50 Park Place, Cathays Campus and Cardigan House, Heath Park Campus.
For further details of services, events, opening times and more find us on the University Intranet.