Virginia, our Employer Liaison Officer tells us more about the new Grads Love Cardiff Careers Fair and it’s sponsor Admiral …
If you are planning to stay in Cardiff after graduation, this is an event you can’t miss! Around 30 organisations will be offering graduate opportunities in Cardiff and the South Wales area and are looking for students from any degree discipline.
One of the largest private employers in Cardiff, Admiral, are sponsoring this event and encourage Cardiff students to come and meet them on Tuesday 19th April from 11.30am-3.30pm in Y-Plas. Grads Love Cardiff Careers Fair is a one day only event and your chance to find out about a great range of opportunities.
Who are Admiral?
Admiral is an award-winning FTSE 100 insurance company serving 4 million customers and employing 7,000 people in seven countries around the world. We launched in the UK in 1993 with just one brand, zero customers and 57 members of staff. Today our business is a highly profitable and fast-growing financial services firm where, thanks to our unique employee ownership model, all our staff are given an equal allocation of free shares every year.
What is the Admiral Graduate Programme?
Admiral runs a tailor-made Graduate Programme designed around the individual, which provides a valuable insight into the role of key departments within our award-winning FTSE 100 business.
- The 18-month scheme gives graduates from a range of disciplines the chance to spend anything from three to six months in a variety of areas across the company to gain a broad understanding of the way each part of our organisation works.
- There are opportunities to gain extra qualifications such as the Institute of Leadership and Management (ILM) Level 5 award as well as qualifications in specialist insurance, audit, data protection, IT or even an MBA.
- The majority of our placements are in our 220,000sq ft Cardiff city centre headquarters which was officially opened in 2014, has capacity for 3,000 people over 11 floors and is close to the capital’s two city centre railway stations.
What projects have Admiral Graduates been involved in?
- In the last six months graduates have carried out research, analysis and development in areas such as driving performance tracking product Telematics which can help reduce premiums for young drivers.
- Admiral’s rapidly growing household insurance products have also benefited from graduate product development, competitor analysis, market research and design development.
- The launch of the UK’s first car insurance comparison site in 2002 and today Confused.com serves millions of online shoppers looking for a wide range of insurance products, our graduates analyse key data, help with product development to ensure Confused.com offers the best range of choice and value to customers.
To find out even more come and meet Admiral at the Grads Love Cardiff Careers Fair, Tuesday 19th April from 11.30am-3.30pm in Y-Plas.
Virginia, Employer Liaison Officer, Careers & Employability
Your Student Life, Supported.
The Student Support Centre has a range of services dedicated to helping students make the most of their time at University, including: Advice & Money, Careers & Employability, Counselling, Health & Wellbeing, Disability & Dyslexia and International Student Support.
For further details of services, events, opening times and more find us on the University Intranet.