Advice for living in Cardiff and the UK, Cardiff Award, Careers Advice, Health and Wellbeing, Managing your money, Preparing for your future, Recruiters, Supporting your study, What's On, Work Experience

Answers to the questions final year students are asking us

Here are some great tips from staff across Student Support & Wellbeing who answer the questions final year students are asking us …

images

These are just some of the ways we can help you now and after graduation, drop in and see us in person or online for even more services and events. 

money

I can’t afford to pay the costs for me to graduate, can you help?

Yes. The University’s Financial Contingency Fund may be able to help. Students should apply to FCF before the 12th June. This applies to home UK funded undergraduate students in financial hardship only. Contact the Advice & Money Team, Student Support Centre, 50 Park Place, Cardigan House, Heath. #Advice&Money.

grad job

I’m looking for a job or ideas on what to do after graduation, can you help?

Yes. Attend the Summer Fair! Over 60 recruiters targeting Cardiff students & graduates, you can meet face to face on Tuesday 9 June, 11.30am-3,30pm, City Hall. #Careers&EmployabilityWhat’sOn.

Attend the Prepare to meet graduate recruiters workshop 4th June.  You can also meet employers and pick up great tips and advice at Careers and employer events throughout June – book now!

start up

I have a business idea, can you help me?

Yes. Sign up for the Enterprise Business Start-up Week in June, providing support for graduates with business ideas. #CardiffUniversityEnterprise #Careers&Employability.

take my junk

I’ve got too much stuff to take home, what can I do with it?

You can sell it or trade it. Join the Take My Junk event at Y Plas, Student’s Union on June 3rd from 10am – 3pm with any household items you are looking to sell or trade. #Cardiff University Enterprise #Careers&Employability.

grad

I’m graduating this summer; can I still use Careers & Employability?

Yes. Alumni can access a range of careers advice and information designed to enhance their graduate employability at 50 Park Place. . We host workshops, employer events, careers fairs and many other activities that can assist you in making the move from study to employment. Information about these events can be found in Careers Account. #Careers&Employability

Careers

Can I see a Careers Adviser after I graduate?

Yes. Cardiff alumni have access to careers advice for up to two years after graduation.   Access consists of up to two 15-minute appointments with a careers adviser, with an additional 30 minute consultation by referral only.  You need to register through Careers Account before booking an appointment by phone: +44 (0)29 2087 4227. #Careers&Employability

work exp

Is there any work experience I can do this summer?

Yes. We have 3 great schemes – contact us or come and see us at the Summer Fair #WorkExperience #Careers&Employability to find out more about 1. Insights scheme  2. Santander Internships 3. EXPLORE Internships

international trav

I’m an international student preparing to leave the UK after my studies, do you have any advice?

Yes, follow the preparing to return home advice from UKCISA

int grads

I’m an international student planning to work in the UK after my studies, do have any advice?

Yes, follow the advice from UKCISA on the next stage – working after your studies.

open

Will you be open over the summer?

Student Support and Wellbeing, including Advice & Money, Careers & Employability, Counselling, Health & Wellbeing, Disability & Dyslexia and International Student Support, will be open throughout the summer with the exception of the week commencing Monday 3 August 2015 when we will be closed.

We hope we have answered some of your key questions here; now we’d be grateful if you can help us …

dlhe

Please complete the DLHE (Destinations of Leavers of Higher Education)Survey when you receive it. This is a national statistical survey all HEIs are required to deliver.  The data is integrated into KIS & UNISTATS and used by league tables.  Please help your School and Cardiff University be as successful as possible in this by completing the survey when you are contacted in January 2016. Please make sure your contact details are up-to-date on SIMS before you graduate.

And finally,

congrats

Please join us in congratulating students who have completed the Cardiff Award, Student Mentoring Scheme and Enterprise. Careers & Employability will be celebrating at its annual Careers & Employability Celebration Event, June 9th, read more on the Cardiff Award Blog. Hopefully we’ll see you there!

Please drop-in at The Student Support Centre, 50 Park Place (Student High Street) and Cardigan House (Heath Park campus), or find us the Intranet, to access our full range of support and information.

Follow us on social media for daily updates on events and any other news and information we think will be of interest to you, follow us twitter: studentlifecu and cardiffcareers; like us on facebook: studentlifecu and cardiffunicareers

Best wishes

Katrina
Marketing Manager, Student Support & Wellbeing Division

IMG_1093 - Version 2

Advice & Money I Careers & Employability I Counseling, Health & Wellbeing I Disability & Dyslexia