The Summer Fair will soon be here and after a year of planning and preparation, the Careers & Employability team guarantee a great event that could have a big impact on your future.
Here are just 4 reasons why you should attend the Summer Fair …
1. Hundreds of students attend – you can too
This annual event is held to support students and graduates with their career planning, particularly those who are graduating and don’t have any plans. The Fair is a fantastic opportunity to meet recruiters, to take a closer look at your options and consider what you’d like to do with your future.
For an insight into what Careers Fairs at Cardiff are like take a look at our Autumn Fair movie on You Tube.
2. You might find a job (or be offered an interview on the day – it does happen)
Over 60 student & graduates recruiters have opportunities they want to recruit for. See the table at the end of this post for further details of who’ll be there, what degree disciplines they are recruiting from and the type of opportunities they offer.
Click the live links here and see the Summer Fair webpage for more detail on the day and the organisations taking part.
3. You can make lots of contacts
Even if there’s nothing that ‘jumps out at you’ on the day, you will have a great list of potential contacts and recruiters who are actively targeting Cardiff University’s students & graduates. Use their details to take a closer look at their websites and social media accounts to find out more about their organisations and the opportunities they have to offer.
4. You can gain great advice and information
You have 4 hours to gain as much information and advice as you can. The recruiters exhibiting want to chat to you, to answer your questions and find out more about you. Ask questions about what they have to offer, what they are like to work for, what the recruitment process is like and any tips they have. Make the most of this time for face-to-face time interactions with recruiters – it’s rare and can be hugely advantageous.
As well as chatting face to face there are a range of talks you can attend to gain insights and tips from professionals there to help you:
- CV Review Drop-in, June 9th, 11:30, City Hall
- Graduate Opportunities in Wales, June 9th, 12:00, City Hall
- Working for Yourself: Self-employment or freelancing, June 9th, 12:30, City Hall
- International Students: Employment Regulations, June 9th, 13:00, City Hall
- From Graduate to EY Partner – A Journey to Leadership presentation, 09-Jun-2015 13:15, City Hall
- Careers at Amazon, June 9th, 14:00, City Hall
- Arts & Business Cymru – Creative Internships Programme Presentation, June 9th, 14:30, City Hall
SO … don’t miss Cardiff University’s Summer Careers Fair on Tuesday June 9th, 11:30am – 15.30pm, City Hall. This event is FREE and there is no need to book, just turn up on the day.
Please retweet, like and share details of the Fair with your friends – we’d like to help as many students and graduates as possible make the most of the opportunities available to help enhance their career prospects and get a job.
Read our blog post Prepare to meet Graduate Recruiters for tips on preparing for fairs and what to do the day (this was written in the Autumn but the same advice applies for the Summer Fair).
If you can’t make the Fair
- Please drop-in at The Student Support Centre, 50 Park Place (Student High Street) and Cardigan House (Heath Park campus), or find us the Intranet, to access our full range of support and information.
- You are welcome to attend other University careers fairs across the country.
- The Careers Advice, Guidance & Information team will be at the Summer Fair and will be running drop-ins throughout the summer.
- For the latest job vacancies set up email alerts at Your Careers Account and follow @Cardiffcareers on twitter.
- Follow us on social media for daily updates on events and any other news and information we think will be of interest to you, follow us twitter: studentlifecu and cardiffcareers; like us on facebook: studentlifecu and cardiffunicareers
- Read our other blog posts for further details of the services and events we provide and how we support students.
Marketing Manager, Student Support & Wellbeing Division
Your Student Life, Supported.
Advice & Money I Careers & Employability I Counselling, Health & Wellbeing I Disability & Dyslexia I International Student Support