The Speak Week campaign runs from 6-10 February and aims to raise the profile of the employee voice – your voice – and encourage you to share your views. It’s an opportunity for you to give your thoughts and ideas across a range of topics. If you haven’t already heard about Speak Week, you can find out more on the staff intranet. It’s your chance to get involved.
- Find out about wellbeing support available to you
- Try one of our stress-dots (find out how stressed you are!)
- Learn about our STOPP-card and how it can help you respond better to your stressors
- Give us your feedback on the service you’ve received from Care First, the University’s Employee Assistance Programme provider
- Tell us what you’d like from our wellbeing service.
To further support the week, here’s a short (3:48) video-clip that discusses ‘being assertive’. Understanding assertiveness and how to be assertive can guide you in using your voice in the most effective way. Remember though that assertiveness is a ‘doing’ activity – practice to develop your skill and build confidence.
The Staff Wellbeing Team