It’s University Mental Health and Wellbeing Day on 3 March and we’re running a ‘Take Ten’ event which is free to all University staff. Why not come and join us and other colleagues and pause to find out how you can boost your wellbeing. This is an opportunity to stop and think about how you’re doing and take away ideas you can use afterwards, in the workplace, at home and elsewhere.
Taking just a few minutes a day to think about your wellbeing, and taking even very small actions, can have a positive impact on how you feel, and our event will provide you with lots of ideas, tips and techniques, to get you thinking and acting.
How to take part in our ‘Take Ten’ event
A team of experts, including a counsellor and dietician, will be on hand to guide you through four zones. Each zone will take approximately ten minutes and will help raise awareness about and boost your wellbeing:
- Eat for wellbeing zone: Annette Dunne, Specialist Clinical Dietician, will pass on the secrets of how food is connected to your mood and how you can take advantage of this.
- Thinking and feeling zone: Hilary Green, Staff Counsellor, will help you understand how your thoughts are linked to how you feel and how some simple skills can boost your self-awareness and put you more in control of your wellbeing.
- Physical zone: Cardiff University Sport will explain how being active can boost your wellbeing and how you can start small but win big.
- Spiritual zone: Delyth Liddell from University Chaplaincy will discuss what spirituality is and how your wellbeing can benefit from it.
You can book onto one of three 50-minute sessions (in the VJ Gallery, Main Building, Park Place):
*Each session entails spending ten minutes at each of the four zones, and we are asking participants to allow approximately 50 minutes to complete the tour. You are welcome to bring along something to nibble on if you’re attending as part of your lunch period.
Each participant will take away:
- Information sheets and further information on all zones.
- A STOPP card to keep in your pocket or purse/wallet.
- A list of suggested activities and ideas that combine elements of all four zones.
NB: If you intend coming to a session during working hours, please check with your line manager when booking.
University Mental Health and Wellbeing Day promotes the mental health of those who live and work in higher education settings. The ‘Take Ten’ event is delivered by the Cardiff University Staff Wellbeing Service with the help of University SPORT and Chaplaincy.