Good morning, please find below the details of today’s World Mental Health Day drop-in event, and to support this event I have put together some tips for dealing with sickness absence related to stress and mental health issues, both from the perspective of a staff member and for managers, which I will be posting as a separate blog item.
World Mental Health Day Drop-in
We will be celebrating World Mental Health Day (a day for celebrating global mental health education, awareness and advocacy) today with an event organised jointly with the Positive Working Environment team and Staff Counselling, in the VJ Gallery, Main Building, between 12:00 – 14:00, where you can meet and chat to representatives from:
- National Centre for Mental Health – working to find out more about what causes mental illness
- Remploy – the UK’s leading provider of disability employment services
- Sustrans – a leading charity enabling people to choose healthier, cleaner and cheaper journeys
- Pets As Therapy – come and meet Lola and friends, the wonderful Pets As Therapy registered dogs, and find out more about they and their ‘colleagues’ provide comfort, companionship and therapy to more than 130,000 people in the UK, every week
- Organo Gold – coffee and a chat is great for our wellbeing, especially if it includes the health benefits of Organo Gold’s premium gourmet beverages. Come and sample and find out more
- SVC (Student Volunteering Cardiff) – find out more about the benefits of volunteering – making new friends, having unforgettable experiences, enhancing health and wellbeing
- Annette Dunne, Clinical Specialist Dietician – working in the area of Mental Health, Annette will be available to provide guidance, support, dietary information on areas including healthy eating, food and mood, and eating disorders.
Plus Cardiff University’s own:
- Staff Counselling Service; Occupational Health; Chaplaincy; Staff Networks; Sport & Exercise; Catering; Positive Working Environment