The 10th October is World Mental Health Day, a day for celebrating global mental health education, awareness and advocacy.
Here at Cardiff University you can mark the day by coming along to one or more of the events organised by the Staff Counselling Service and Positive Working Environment team:
To book a place on any of these workshops, call us on 02920 (8) 79572 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
12:00 – 14:00 in the Viriamu Jones Gallery, Main Building – just call in for information, advice and chat.
- Building Your Resilience, 11:00 – 12:00
- Introduction to Mindfulness, 13:00 – 14:00
- Under Pressure, 15:00 – 16:30
Please read on for further information and please do come along and get involved!
Building your Resilience
This workshop looks at how you cope when the going gets tough, when you are busy, stressed or going through work, family or personal problems.
- Understand how you cope with adversity.
- Learn how to build your resilience.
Introduction to Mindfulness
An introduction to Mindfulness, a simple form of meditation that studies have shown can offer a range of benefits including long-term changes in mood and levels of happiness and wellbeing.
- Learn the basics of Mindfulness.
- Find out about the benefits.
- Experience Mindfulness first hand.
- Find suggestions on how to take your interest forward.
A workshop for when you’re feeling stressed and under pressure.
- Understand your stress cycle.
- Learn techniques and strategies to challenge your stressful thoughts.
- Learn to use your senses to help you stay calm.
- Manage your stress more effectively.
Don’t forget to subscribe to our blog (just insert your email address into the form on the right side of this page) to stay informed about future wellbeing workshops, events and mental health information.