Day one, quotes

First Impression of the SSC Showcase Event!

We asked students and academics to find out what their first impressions of the event was. These are some of the responses we received…

Hamizah with her poster

Hamizah with her poster

I was initially quite worried about the event as I didn’t know what to expect. However, it’s going well so far. I’ve had students and academics coming and asking me questions about my SSC experience and I was able to answer all of the questions especially because I really enjoyed my SSC.

– Hamizah

I’m absolutely blown away by the quality of research that has been on show here today.

– Dr M Coffey (Academic)

I’m very impressed by the engagement of the students and the way they have showed such enthusiasm for the range of projects they have done.

-Sam Habbits (Academic and SSC Director)

The posters are very colourful and appealing to the eye. Everyone seems to have put a lot of work into them.

-Anonymous

This is a good showcase event where students can represent their interests. It motivates students to develop their interests.

– Hann

The showcase shows that medical students can make a difference to patient outcomes and that our perspectives are of value.

-Anon