Sarah Williamson, Head of Learning and Teaching Support at the University gives feedback from a student focus group exploring how students are/could be involved in Curriculum Design activities. At the students focus group, we explored the following areas:
- How do you learn best?
- What teaching methods or learning activities help you to learn best?
- Are different teaching methods or learning activities more appropriate to different topics/subject areas?
- Do you know how you’ll be taught certain things? Where does that information come from?
- Do you think you have the knowledge/understanding to make decisions about course design? How would you want to use the knowledge?
- Would you like to be involved in helping to design how a course is delivered? How?