My time in Krakow by Katie Renker

Posted on 2 October 2018 by Lauren Sourbutts

Katie Renker, spent a semester at Jagiellonian University, in Krakow to study music “So when do you go back to Cardiff?” “I don’t” “Sorry?” “I’ve decided I’m moving to Poland” “Exams go that badly?” This is an entirely fictional conversation, but I feel like it accurately depicts many friends and family members reaction when I
Read more

Cardiff Guitar Festival

Cardiff Guitar Festival

Posted on 30 May 2018 by Lauren Sourbutts

The Cardiff Guitar Festival was founded in 2016 by School of Music alumnus Chris Roberts during his second year at Cardiff University, with his former teacher Brian Firkins of Cardiff Music School. The festival has a strong educational focus, alongside providing inspiring concerts by some of the finest guitar talent currently on offer. Over the
Read more

City of Stars

Posted on 12 March 2018 by Lauren Sourbutts

City of Stars by Thomas Haslehurst (MA in Composition) Back in November 2017, a small group of PG students gathered in the Small Lecture Room to discuss an exciting opportunity, regarding the development of a fresh style of concert in conjunction with the School of Music. Fast forward four months and we are only one
Read more

Diolch, John

Posted on 25 July 2016 by Jessica Kelly

Our Chamber Choir, with conductor John Hugh Thomas, recently travelled to Germany for performances in Lübeck and Hamburg. John Hugh Thomas announced his retirement from the Choir earlier this year and this trip, the Choir’s first overseas tour, was a fantastic chance for us all to spend time together, learning from each other and performing beautiful choral works
Read more