The next summer school and workshop will be held September 3-7 2018 at RWTH Aachen in Aachen, Germany. Yes, that’s right the LinC summer school is going on the road!
Details and abstracts to follow soon.
Introduction to SFL
- Introduction to SFL: Mood & Theme (Stella Neumann and Gerard O’Grady)
- Introduction to SFL: Transitivity & Logico-semantic relations (Rebekah
- Introduction to SFL: Analyses & Results in context (Rebekah Wegener and Stella Neumann)
Advanced SFL programme
Advanced SFL: Transitivity (Tom Bartlett)
Advanced SFL: The Nominal group in context (Lise Fontaine)
Advanced SFL: Architectures for linguistic models (Mick O’Donnell)
Special Interest workshops
- Intonation (Gerard O’Grady)
- Prosody in Context (Stefan Baumann)
- Register and context (Stella Neumann)
- Special Interest Topic TBC: (Elke Teich)
- Register, Context and language learning (Elma Kerz)
- Registerial variation and multimodality: concepts and methods (John Bateman)
- Instantiation and the reach of context (Wendy Bowcher)
- SFL architecture: context, semantics, and the notion of textual instantiation (Erich Steiner)
- Special Interest Topic TBC: (Miriam Taverniers)
- Statistics for register studies I (Stefan Evert)
- Statistics for register studies II (Stefan Evert)
You can register your interest now by emailing email@example.com – places are limited.
More detail will be posted soon on the RWTH Aachen University website (click here).
View the summer school poster2018 here.
[updated November 9 2017]
If you want to contact us about the summer school, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or use the form below.