In March this year, the University Library Service held an eBook Week event to raise awareness of, and invite feedback about, eBooks.
During eBook Week, we heard views from more than 750 students from across the University, with ideas of how we can improve the eBooks service, where we can do more to promote eBooks, and how they find using eBooks as a resource for their studies.
You asked us to take a look at the following areas for improving eBooks:
- 63% of comments were positive remarks about eBooks
- 13% of readers prefer to use print books
- 8% of readers cited problems accessing and using eBooks
- 6% of readers want us to improve the range of eBooks available
- 4.5% of readers didn’t use or know about eBooks
See the INSRV customer care webpage for further details on the feedback recieved, and how we hope to improve these services for the future: http://www.cardiff.ac.uk/insrv/aboutus/customercare/ebookyswd.html