Case Analysis documents on Westlaw UK have been enhanced by the following additions:
- Summary – a concise summary of the facts of the case.
- Related Cases – a list of other cases heard between the same parties, but on different points of law or before supra-national courts.
- All Cases Cited and Key Cases Citing – a list of all the cases that have been cited by the case you are viewing and a list of all the key cases which cite your case and are considered to be significant.
- Commentary – links to specific sections of books on Westlaw UK to which Cardiff University subscribes (such as Archbold and the The White Book ), which cite the case.
- Tabular View – information displayed in tables some of which can be sorted to suit your requirements.
- Graphical History – for cases with a complex history, this display enables users to view the litigation histories as flow charts.
For an example of a Case Analysis document which has these enhancements, see: Crehan v Inntrepreneur Pub Co (CPC)  UKHL 38
Westlaw UK have also introduced new icons so that you can see the status of a case. These will appear next to the search results, within a law report’s table of contents and at the top of the case document. Further details on these case icons can be found in Cardiff University’s Westlaw UK guide