Exploring Cardiff

Posted on 22 July 2017 by Hope

When I moved to Cardiff for my first year of University, it was a massive change for me. I moved 5 hours across the country, from York, which is pretty small, to Cardiff, the capital of Wales. I was terrified that I wouldn’t know my way around, or that there would be too much going
Read more

My summer internship

Posted on 21 July 2017 by Johanna

The CUSEIP (Cardiff University Education Innovation Project) scheme is a new project similar to the CUROP (Cardiff Undergraduate Research Opportunities Programme) scheme where students intern with lecturers on a chosen project for a few weeks over the summer. The idea is to get students and lecturers working together in a partnership and to contribute some
Read more

Tips for my Fresher Self #CardiffUni #ChiangRai2

Posted on 11 July 2017 by Joe Lovell

As mentioned, here is the second June video, in the Chiang Rai series… Tips for my freshers self is the aim of this video. I’ve concentrated on three specific areas; picking halls, societies and life outside of the university bubble. Hopefully you may find something useful in this video, even its one isolated comment. As
Read more

Cardiff Insiders; Abroad #ChiangRai1

Posted on 10 July 2017 by Joe Lovell

An introductory video to the mini series following a Cardiff Insider on his travels after University. Cardiff Uni and the city alike boasts a multicultural environment and a plethora of societies, many of which open the door to learning about other countries and cultures. The area of Thailand that I shall be based/ am
Read more

Benefits of Being a Student

Posted on 19 June 2017 by Hope

There are quite a few benefits that come with being a student. Ignoring the obvious stuff like getting to learn about something you love, more freedom, and meeting a lot of new people, there are a lot of other perks. I’m going to give you guys my top seven money saving student perks. These might
Read more

How I’m spending my summer

Posted on 19 June 2017 by Chloe

I’ve been exam, assessment and uni-free since the 24th May, so for almost a month, which is ABSOLUTELY ridiculous. It’s gone absurdly quickly, but luckily, there are still 105 days (I counted) until my lectures start back in the Autumn term, which is again, ridiculous. I’m already missing walking through Cardiff city centre and visiting
Read more

First Year Fears

Posted on 5 June 2017 by Hope

September is fast approaching and I’m sure a lot of you are getting nervous and excited about Uni already. In the couple of weeks before I started at Cardif, I spent a large amount of time worrying about pretty much everything that could go wrong at uni. I thought I would run through some of
Read more

Tips for Getting the most out of Work Experience

Posted on 5 June 2017 by Hannah

Work experience, though a great thing to put on your CV, is much more than that. It can help you to learn valuable skills and can prepare you for the working world. Here are my top tips for getting the most out of your time on placement: 1. First impressions First impressions do count and
Read more