Latest posts

International Exchange

What my American dorm room is like

Posted on 5 December 2019 by Katie Hawkins

Perhaps one of the most daunting parts of spending a semester abroad in America is the thought of dorm rooms, I’m sure we all have enough horror stories from our time in Taly to last a lifetime. Unlike Taly however, in America, the chances are you will be sharing your dorm-room and as most college
Read more

Erasmus+

Christmas in Oslo

Posted on 3 December 2019 by Tammy-Louise Wilkins

Now that my time in Norway is nearly at an end, I have been quite quiet here as I have been busy checking off everything I have desperately wanted to do before I leave. So, whilst this will be a short one, I wanted to share my experience of the beginning of the Christmas holiday
Read more

Erasmus+

24 hours in Bergen: On travelling alone and things to do in Bergen

Posted on 19 November 2019 by Tammy-Louise Wilkins

The first week of October and turning another year older was not a smooth ride. In fact, anything that could go wrong, did go wrong that week. So in the very early hours of the Sunday morning that week, I booked myself a twenty-four hour trip to Bergen. This is probably the most spontaneous I have been
Read more

Erasmus+

Experiencing snow in Norway for the first time

Posted on 10 November 2019 by Tammy-Louise Wilkins

The first thing that just about everyone who knows me personally said when I revealed I would be moving to Norway was ‘you know it is cold and snowing all the time, right?’ Four months in my study abroad, the temperatures finally hit subzero and the snow arrived. When the temperatures were reaching just above
Read more