Latest posts

Erasmus+

In fair Verona…

Posted on 17 February 2019 by Phoebe Grinter

As I prepare for the start of my second semester at the Università di Verona, I thought I’d talk a bit more about the city itself. It is best known for being the home of Shakespeare’s star-crossed lovers, Romeo and Juliet. Although history states that this couple were 100% fictional, and that Shakespeare himself had
Read more

Erasmus+

Settling (back) in

Posted on 29 January 2019 by Phoebe Grinter

Coming back to Verona after four weeks at home for Christmas to be greeted by exams is not fun. After all the comforts of home, the excitement of Christmas and all my friends being home for a few weeks, I have to say settling back in to life in Verona was a struggle. With exams
Read more

Summer Programmes

Culture Shock in France!

Posted on 25 January 2019 by Kimberly Field

Culture shock. All travellers have experienced the same. When you first arrive in a country, it can be tricky adjusting to the new culture. The way of life can be so different to the one back home! Although the UK and France are not worlds apart, some aspects of the culture can still be a
Read more

Erasmus+

The hostess with the mostess

Posted on 13 January 2019 by Phoebe Grinter

I love being hostess. Having people come and visit me here in Verona has excited me since before I came out! The first visitors I hosted were my mum and sister when I had been in Verona just over a month and was, in all honesty, still finding my feet a bit. In this short
Read more