Latest posts

Summer Programmes

7 unusual laws and customs from around the world that you didn’t know about

Posted on 6 March 2019 by Kimberly Field

Chewing gum, wearing fancy dress or feeding pigeons are all acceptable acts in the UK. However, as innocent as these may seem, these are some of the reasons why many British citizens get into trouble abroad and sometimes face paying hefty fines or even face being arrested or detained. Customs that are commonplace and accepted
Read more

Erasmus+

In fair Verona…

Posted on 17 February 2019 by Phoebe Grinter

As I prepare for the start of my second semester at the Università di Verona, I thought I’d talk a bit more about the city itself. It is best known for being the home of Shakespeare’s star-crossed lovers, Romeo and Juliet. Although history states that this couple were 100% fictional, and that Shakespeare himself had
Read more

Erasmus+

Settling (back) in

Posted on 29 January 2019 by Phoebe Grinter

Coming back to Verona after four weeks at home for Christmas to be greeted by exams is not fun. After all the comforts of home, the excitement of Christmas and all my friends being home for a few weeks, I have to say settling back in to life in Verona was a struggle. With exams
Read more

Summer Programmes

Culture Shock in France!

Posted on 25 January 2019 by Kimberly Field

Culture shock. All travellers have experienced the same. When you first arrive in a country, it can be tricky adjusting to the new culture. The way of life can be so different to the one back home! Although the UK and France are not worlds apart, some aspects of the culture can still be a
Read more