International Exchange

I’m half way!

20 October 2016

It’s week 7 here out of a 12-week term, it’s scary how fast time here is flying by and I’m beginning to panic that I won’t get everything I want to do done before I leave! Cramming my weeks full of school work so that the weekends are free, so I can make the most of them makes it go even faster!

I’m halfway through midterms at the moment- they haven’t been as bad as I thought- it’s much easier to learn half the material half way through while it’s still fresh rather than having exams at the end of term like at Cardiff. In between revising for exams and writing essays I’ve managed to see a lot more of Canada. Myself and some friends took part in Day of the Longboat down at Jericho Beach, which involved us racing around buoys in long boats collecting batons and banging gongs along the way. It was so much fun!

We also visited Richmond Night market before it closed for winter- it was amazing loads of Asian food to try and hundreds of stalls to browse! Cycling around Stanley Park has been a definite highlight of my tip so far, getting views Downtown and across the sea to the islands from a bike was amazing, I don’t think I’ll ever stop being amazed by the scenery here!

I spent Thanks Giving in Whistler with a few friends, we caught a coach up there and stayed in a hostel. We did the longest zip line in north America and a few of the local hikes. It was so nice to get away from campus and academic stress for a whole 3 days, I can’t wait for my next weekend away- hopefully Victoria or Seattle next!

One of the lakes we hiked around at Whistler
We got to whistler in time for the first snow fall- this is before we did the zip line
The autumn leaves from bedroom
The autumn leaves from bedroom
Views of Downtown from Stanley Park bike ride
Jericho Beach- where we did Day of the Longboat