The following events, initiatives and issues were in the news in March. Click on the links to find information sources indexed in European Sources Online.
- The EU at Sixty (EU60): 60th anniversary of the Treaties of Rome, 25 March 2017 – EU27 adopts Rome Declaration
- European Council, Brussels, 9-10 March 2017 including re-election of Donald Tusk as European Council President 2017-2019
- European Commission adopts White Paper on the future of Europe: Reflections and scenarios for the EU27 by 2025, 1 March 2017
- Elections in Europe:
- Terrorism: Terrorist attack, Westminster, London, 22 March 2017
- Brexit: Article 50 letter sent by UK to the EU, 29 March 2017 / Great Repeal Bill White Paper published, 30 March 2017 / Draft EU Guidelines launched by European Council President Tusk, 31 March 2017
- European Migration Challenges: European Commission adopts a series of reports and proposals relating to migration, 2 March 2017