Michaela has just graduated with a Bachelor of Law degree at Masaryk University in the Czech Republic. She will be a full-time intern from 1 July to 30 September 2016.
We have asked her five questions in order for you to get to know her …
1. What convinced you to join the Cardiff EDC for an internship?
Recently, the EU has been facing many challenging problems, so when I saw the advertisement to become an intern at the EDC in Cardiff, I thought it would be a great opportunity to get the most accurate information, see other points of view at the current situation and also put the knowledge gained at the university into practice.
2. What are you currently studying and how does this relate to your work at the EDC?
I have just received a bachelor degree at the Faculty of Law in the Czech Republic. During my studies I had several subjects dealing with the EU and its external relations. Moreover, I wrote a thesis on a related topic as well.
3. What do you hope to achieve whilst working at the EDC?
I would like to deepen my knowledge about the EU while having an international professional experience. Last but not least, I hope to improve my English skills as well.
4. How are you finding the experience of working at the Cardiff EDC and living in Cardiff so far?
So far, I am enjoying working in the EDC as every day brings something new and everybody in the team is really friendly and helpful. I have not had the chance to explore the city, except for the castle which is really beautiful. And definitely I am looking forward to seeing Cardiff Bay.
5. Could you briefly tell us what Europe means and has meant to you?
In my point of view, Europe offers a wide range of options for everybody. The ones I appreciate the most, is the option to work or study abroad without difficulties and travelling without boundaries.