Latest posts

climate change, Conferences, Uncategorized

Climate diaries: Final reflections on COP23

Posted on 20 November 2017 by Hannah Hughes

I am back in Cardiff now and the 23rd Conference of the Parties (COP 23) seems strangely distant. It was like inhabiting a completely different world during the days (and evenings) I spent at this COP, one in which I was absorbed in new colleagues and following as closely as possible the negotiation of the
Read more

climate change, Conferences, Research projects, Uncategorized

Climate diaries: Surviving and thriving at COP23!

Posted on 12 November 2017 by Hannah Hughes

After experiencing three full days of climate negotiations, I thought it was time to report back on some of what I’ve seen and learnt. The most important thing that I have learnt, and enjoyed, has been the forum and spirit for sharing between researchers. I didn’t know this before I arrived, but as a researcher
Read more

climate change, Conferences, PhD student members, Uncategorized

Climate diaries: Travelling to Bonn for COP 23

Posted on 7 November 2017 by Hannah Hughes

Tomorrow I’ll travel to Bonn to attend the United Nations 23rd Conference of the Parties to the Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC). This is my first COP and my emotions are mixed. Last year I decided that I wanted to go to COP 22 in Marrakech. Although I’ve been researching climate politics for over
Read more

The Charter of the Forest: 800 years old on Monday

Posted on 6 November 2017 by Caer Smyth

“These liberties concerning the forests we have granted to everybody…” Last Monday I attended an event on the Charter of the Forest, in the Temple Church, London, with presentations given by: Professor Sir John Baker QC, Professor Stephen Toope OC, and Professor Geraldine Van Bueren QC. This interesting and little-known charter of rights protected the
Read more