Latest posts

Research projects

Mapping Welsh Environmental Stakeholders: Part 2

Posted on 26 July 2017 by Abd-Al-Rahman Salih

Since I last posted, the database has expanded to over 230 entries and will likely grow much further. I have been keeping track of this work with the help of a daily diary and this post is dedicated to the activities that I have undertaken over the past three weeks. My main focus has been
Read more

Research projects, Student initiatives, Welsh government

Mapping Welsh Environmental Stakeholders: Part 1

Posted on 10 July 2017 by Abd-Al-Rahman Salih

I am a Cardiff University student studying Politics, International Relations and German and will be documenting my experience of the Cardiff University Research Opportunities Placement (CUROP) that I am currently undertaking under the guidance of Hannah Hughes, Ben Pontin, Richard Percival and Ludivine Petetin in the School of Law and Politics. Like many others, I feel strongly about the
Read more

Workshop

Exploring Methodological Frontiers in Global Environmental Politics

Posted on 26 June 2017 by Hannah Hughes

June has been a busy month for the members of the Environmental Justice Research Unit with its first video-speaker event and a 3-day long workshop Exploring Methodological Frontiers in Global Environmental Politics. The Methodological Frontiers workshop aimed to explore the innovation that scholars were undertaking in order to study the diverse range of actors and activities that
Read more

Conferences, Student initiatives

Reflections on the Student-led Environmental Law Conference, March 2017

Posted on 26 June 2017 by Ben Pontin

This blog reflects on a recent event hosted by the Unit which illustrates the centrality of students to the work of the Unit. It is customary in research terms to distinguish between ‘research’ and ‘taught’ students, with research students aiming to produce original, rigorous and significant research in a mirror to that of academic staff.
Read more