Latest posts

Internships and Placements

2018 Summer Placement Send Off

Posted on 23 May 2018 by Stephanie Whitehead

Students doing conservation degrees are expected to complete a summer placement where they work on site or in a museum. Masters students are expected to do a minimum of eight weeks and bachelors students are expected to complete a minimum of four weeks. This provides them with practical hands on experience in a setting outside
Read more

Student's Stories

From Archaeological Trenches to Conservation Laboratories

Posted on 4 May 2018 by Rafail Evzonas

I still remember the moment last September when I shook the dust off my clothes in a trench for last time, somewhere in eastern Mediterranean, and packed my suitcases. A journey was begun, this time in a new world: the world of Conservation. Archaeology was my passion. For this reason, I studied Archaeology and took
Read more

Internships and Placements

A Little Love for Llandaff

Posted on 3 May 2018 by Ekaterina Madrid

This winter, I had the privilege of working with a team of stonemasons and conservators. Coe Stone Ltd. Masonry:  Carving & Conservation  (http://olivercoe-com.stackstaging.com/) were hired on to perform conservation work on Llandaff Cathedral in Cardiff, and I joined their team for just over one month, over the winter break of my MSc in Conservation Practice at
Read more

Cabinet of Curiosities

Public Speaking for the Terrified Conservator: Children and Teenagers Edition

Posted on 6 March 2018 by Sara Bohuch

Public speaking: the one aspect of life that we are doomed to never get away from. Whether it’s raising your hand in class, or standing in front of a presentation, it is the one academic and professional prospect that is guaranteed to crank up stress levels like no other. Gigantic, mountainous, essay? Not a problem.
Read more