Living in Bangor

Posted on 16 July 2019 by Ella Wooding

Living in Bangor has been a very different experience to living in Cardiff, but definitely just as good! Bangor is a much much smaller city than Cardiff, which does take some getting used to. However it has plenty of restaurants, bars and shops, as well as the beauty of Snowdonia and Anglesey right next door,
Read more

Travel North in May

Posted on 19 May 2019 by Edward Hatfield

Aberystwyth’s weather changes quickly. This can be charming – even refreshing – or it can be depressing, depending on whether it was a) windy and freezing when you woke up and became bright and warm in the afternoon, or b) glorious sunny at daybreak and chucking it down sideways with rain by lunchtime. However, after
Read more

The Humble G.P.

Posted on 20 April 2019 by Edward Hatfield

Ladies and gentlemen, I have been studying for some time the noble and gentle species of doctor which is today properly named the Practitionerum Generale – I think the popular term for one is the P.G. Like all great P.G.’s – Wodehouse, for example, or for those less keen on literature and more on breakfast
Read more

February, Aberystwyth

Posted on 8 March 2019 by Edward Hatfield

February has come and gone in what feels like no time at all. In fact, it is already fading in my mind as a blurred combination of all the patients I saw, all their symptoms and presentations slowly combining until everything is mixed up. And it is patients that seem to define my time: now
Read more

Winter in Bangor

Posted on 24 February 2019 by Ella Wooding

Hello! The time has flown here since the Christmas holidays! It feels as if I have only just got back, and so I can’t believe that it is nearly the end of February already! I have had a great time in the past couple of months. I’ve been given more responsibility at the GP surgery
Read more

An average day in January

Posted on 1 February 2019 by Edward Hatfield

There would be many questions in my head if I were beginning something like the CARER year 3 – questions I might ask someone that was already doing it, for instance. Questions like “Do you feel like you’re missing out?” (no), “What’s it like so far away from Cardiff?” (ask the North Wales students that!),
Read more

The New Year

Posted on 7 January 2019 by Edward Hatfield

Only a few days into the new year and December feels like it was long ago. Being a student at Christmas time is strange, as nothing happens at the right time. Christmas dinners multiply without warning and days or weeks before they should happen, scared you will leave for home without three kilos of roast
Read more

November in Review

Posted on 4 December 2018 by Edward Hatfield

Well met, reader! Not long until Christmas… We are further into Winter. My nose runs; the house freezes around us. In the mornings I drive to Mach wearing my coat and with the dashboard heater jets pointing at my numb hands on the steering wheel. I grew used to the darkness beating me home but
Read more