An average day in January

Posted on 1 February 2019 by Edward Hatfield

There would be many questions in my head if I were beginning something like the CARER year 3 – questions I might ask someone that was already doing it, for instance. Questions like “Do you feel like you’re missing out?” (no), “What’s it like so far away from Cardiff?” (ask the North Wales students that!),
Read more

The New Year

Posted on 7 January 2019 by Edward Hatfield

Only a few days into the new year and December feels like it was long ago. Being a student at Christmas time is strange, as nothing happens at the right time. Christmas dinners multiply without warning and days or weeks before they should happen, scared you will leave for home without three kilos of roast
Read more

November in Review

Posted on 4 December 2018 by Edward Hatfield

Well met, reader! Not long until Christmas… We are further into Winter. My nose runs; the house freezes around us. In the mornings I drive to Mach wearing my coat and with the dashboard heater jets pointing at my numb hands on the steering wheel. I grew used to the darkness beating me home but
Read more

Octoberystwyth

Posted on 6 November 2018 by Edward Hatfield

Dear reader, you might be thinking, “oh no, not again. Here goes that eccentric student, sounding off about god-knows-what.” If you weren’t thinking it, you are now, because you just read it. Well, now I’ve got us all on the same page, let’s get right to it. Four more weeks in and Aberystwyth hasn’t lost
Read more

Clinical Skills, Snowdon and Surgery

Posted on 9 October 2018 by Ella Wooding

Hello! I’ve had a busy 2 weeks since I last wrote a post! We had a week of clinical skills teaching, which was great! Sian and Jayne, 2 of the clinical skills teachers from Cardiff, came up to teach us all of the clinical skills that we need to learn this year. The skills we
Read more

Welcome to Aberystwyth

Posted on 8 October 2018 by Edward Hatfield

When I decided to try to write about our time here in Aberystwyth and about what this pilot for CARER was like I didn’t realise what I’d let myself in for – “I didn’t realise what I let myself in for when I decided to try to write about our time here in Aberystwyth,”
Read more