The Cardiff University-based Academia Europea Hub (Wales) has overseen the compilation of a major new Evidence Review Report Food from the Oceans, which examines the question of how the ocean can help satisfy the global demand for food. The University Library Service’s BLS team made an important contribution undertaking a series of literature reviews to support the project.
Hub Manager Louise Edwards praised the team’s efforts: “one of Cardiff’s unique strengths in the European Scientific Advice Mechanism is our competence in undertaking systematic reviews for policymaking. In Food from the Oceans, our Library subject specialists undertook high-quality rapid reviews in both the natural sciences and the social sciences/humanities. Their work was recognised and appreciated by both the expert working groups and the European Commission”
The report is available online at https://www.sapea.info/foodfromtheoceans. Print copies will be available shortly from selected ULS libraries.
A four day training session on undertaking Systematic Reviews is scheduled for 9-12 April 2018 Find out more and book here
This course is tailored to:
- Postgraduate healthcare researchers
- Healthcare professionals
- Policy makers
To book and read more click here
What will you learn?
By the end of the course, attendees should be able to:
- Develop a focused question
- Identify the evidence to answer that question
- Assess the quality/validity of the identified evidence
- Decide what form of evidence synthesis is most appropriate
- Present the result to meet the needs of clinicians and other researchers
- Develop a strategy to publicise the results.
Benefits of attending:
- Interactive skills development
- Come with a topic
- Leave with an outline protocol
- Tutors with extensive systemic review experience
Covers key aspects
- Developing a focused question
- Identifying the literature
- Selecting and appraising studies
- Meta-analysis or narrative synthesis
- Report writing and dissemination
We are delighted to announce that the 2013 Cardiff University Systematic Review Network lecture will be given by Dr Carl Heneghan
“Systematic Reviews and access to all clinical trial data”
Carl Heneghan is a Reader in Evidence-Based Medicine, Director of the Centre of Evidence-Based Medicine and a General Practitioner. He has had an association with the Centre for Evidence-Based Medicine (www.cebm.net) since 1995 and is a fellow of Kellogg College.
Date: Monday 15 April 2013, 2.00pm-4.00pm
Location: Small Lecture Theatre, Ground Floor, Dental School, Cardiff University. Heath Park, Cardiff CF14 4XY
Light refreshments will be provided. The lecture is free but booking is required.