Cardiff University Library Service has access to UpToDate.
UpToDate is a clinical decision support resource that provides answers to clinical questions on over 10,000 topics covering a wide range of medical specialties. UpToDate topic reviews cover all of the major aspects of a particular condition, including symptoms, tests, diagnosis and treatment options.
You can register to use the UpToDate Anywhere App which enables access via the app on up to two mobile devices. Using UptoDate via the App enables you to obtain continuing education credit. Read more about CE/CPD earnt via UptoDate here
In order to access the UpToDate Anywhere app, please follow the instructions below.
- Access UpToDate Anywhere via any of the above routes logging on with your Cardiff username and password.
- Click on the “Login/Register” tab in the top right hand corner.
- Create a unique user name and password on the UpToDate Anywhere registration page: You will use this username and password to access UpToDate from your mobile devices.
- You are now registered and will receive a confirmation email about installing the UpToDate Mobile App
- Following these instructions you can now download UpToDate apps on up to two devices
- In addition to the app, now you have registered you will be able to access UpToDate from any computer with internet access using your unique username and password at: www.uptodate.com and click the log in button located on the top right corner of the webpage.
PLEASE NOTE: to continue to use the UpToDate mobile app, 90 day re-verification is required. In-application and email messaging will inform you of the need to verify affiliation with Cardiff University. You can complete verification by logging on to UpToDate once every 90 days with your Cardiff University username and password.
If you fail to re-verify in time, you can re-register as above.