Meet the staff- Angela

angelae

What is your name and job title?

Angela Evans, Library Operations Manager

What are your Qualifications?

BA (Hons) Combined Studies, MSc in Information and Library Studies.

Where did you live as a child?

I was born in Cyprus (S.B.A), Box, a small village near Bath, and then Worcester.

What do you like best about Cardiff?

As it’s a capital city there’s always lots going on. I also like Roath Park as it’s circular – so you can run, walk  and cycle around it.

What did you do before you worked here?

Apart from a year in the Western Mail and Echo Library – queries were required to be responded to straightaway to go to press – I’ve worked in academic libraries for the last 15 years. Since joining Cardiff University I’ve worked in Trevithick, Nursing and Healthcare Studies, Cancer Research Wales Library and now the Health Library.

What was the first library book you remember reading for pleasure?

noddy-goes-to-toyland

Noddy Goes To Toyland.

What do you enjoy reading now? Hard copy or electronic?

Anything with an interesting cover and a good blurb. The last book I read was ‘The woman who went to bed for a year’ by Sue Townsend’ for a reading club group- I can’t say I’d recommend it- I am now sending my copy to the charity shop.
Hard copy – it makes a change from screens. 

Give an instance of one of your most interesting queries.

Working on the library desk it is the range of queries that is notable.  In the same hour you can be asked how to synchronise 2 versions of reference manager software to do you know where the rugby boys are?

What do you like best about Cardiff University Health Library Service?

The Health Libraries always seem different to the other academic libraries as they have such a massive mixture of people all in one place: students, clinicians, academics, library people, IT people…..