The Research Staff Group’s remit is to:
- provide support for all fixed and open term contract research staff in order to maintain the highest quality standard in research
- provide research staff with the opportunity to bring to the attention of the School Board (via the Staff Development Working Group) issues and views that they consider important
- maintain the highest quality standard in continuing training and mentorship of fixed and open term contract research employees
- ensure that the appropriate appraisal scheme by which this quality is maintained is enforced
- provide a medium to resolve disputes or difficulties, and to advise on the appropriate course of action, at the appropriate level
- act as the forum to provide input into research training and continuing staff development
- ensure that in conducting its work, it will integrate consideration of equality and diversity issues into each item of business, (in addition to specifically related agenda items), with a view to valuing and promoting equality and diversity and eliminating discrimination
Some problems may not be best resolved through the Principal Investigator or Research Group Leader. For such circumstances, the Chair of the Research Staff meeting will be available for any research staff member to discuss confidentially any concerns about their work or working environment.
The Research Staff Group is open to all fixed and open term contract research staff within the Cardiff School of Biosciences, and is steered by a core committee comprising of:
- Research division representatives:
- Our aim is to have two (or more) fixed and open term contract research staff as representatives of each of the School’s research divisions: Molecular Biosciences, Neuroscience, Organisms & Environment, and Biomedicine.